Skip to main content

What I learned from my Pastor today Commitment

Being committed to the Lord, not wavering because a double minded man is unstable in all his ways and can not receive anything from the Lord. A commitment unto death not the vows of marriage that some take lightly. James and all the apostles had a death sentence in them and for sure they died and paid that price. To some Jesus did not commit himself to them because he knew what was in their hearts. I know what is in God's heart so I am able to commit to him. If he was a man perhaps I could be moved but I am committed to God and I die to myself.
I am in the army of the Lord if a soldier commits to the army he can not just turn around and walk out - it's commitment. Talk can be cheap when it comes to commitment but the question is,"Can you walk it?" For Daniel there was a commitment already in his heart, there was no room for him to defile himself. For the three Hebrew guys they had their commitment to the highest King and the commandment of Nebuchadnezzar did not shake them; they could not be moved and they refused to bow. When you are already dead, death or fire will not win over the dead. We know that he is able but if not we are not committed to his deliverance. If he heals me I am with him if he doesn't I am still with him whichever way I can not loose. Each time when you put his will above yours you know he will come through. I will praise him when I am up. I will praise him when I am down. I don't know how I will come out but I am committed. I can not be committed and not be blessed. When God picked Job for his trial it was Job's commitment that was proved. So, no matter what comes your way the Forth Man still gets in the fire and the same God that came through for Job will still come through for you. Dare to give your commitment promise to God today and decide never to turn back. Stay committed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreamers

As you end this year lets look into the future. Put the failures and the disappointments of yesterday behind. I urge you to dream big because I believe that in 2010 your mission can be accomplished. The impossible mission can be possible. Madeline Ndambakuwa said: Dreamers dream; the beauty of the truth of the dreams they behold. Please,read this poem published in my book "Twinkles of Dawn" The Dreamer Here comes the Dreamer, Riding on a horse called believing, A triple encounter, reception, conception, and the birthing of the dream; He feeds daily on the change he can make, The dreamer has seen the day, And set his goals. He joyfully embraces the picture, And sees the dream from afar, He lives his dream in the now, And he has a direct plan. With passion he leaps into the future, He has a deep conviction, And is fully persuaded, That the dream is true and attainable; His hope makes it alive each day, He will not quit until the dream is born. The dreamer relentlessly pursues...

walk in victory

I walk in victory, I smile and laugh at the roar of sadness My inner person understands I am more than what meets the eye I am this and so much more Love joy and peace have won my heart Thus I am not moved by this thorn in my flesh Because I know I have a future and a hope I will see tomorrow with newness and great expectations My hope shall not be deffered I walk in victory. I am the face of a winner.

Thanksgiving

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5v18 (King James Version) If the heart is thankful, giving thanks is not hard but if there are seeds of ungratefulness it will be hard for you to give thanks. You may say what is there in my life that I can thank him for, let me say just a few, the fact that you woke up this morning and you still have your breathe that alone is a miracle to thank him for; life is a great gift you can never be able to repay. Thank him that you are in your right mind, in good health, with a place to lay your head etc. You are blessed and if you are thankful you will not be discouraged. Thankful people are always filled with goodness and loaded with benefits. It is a Thanksgiving day, think of all he did for you this year … if you make a list or get out your journal, you will be amazed at his goodness. Your year might have been filled with thorns but I know that even roses do have thorns but when you ge...