Skip to main content

What is poetry to me?

What poetry is to me--------poetry is a revelation, well I don’t mean to be religious here so in simple terms, it is a surprising understanding of a matter that has been disclosed to you. A moment of an epiphany where you can honestly say, Wow I see. So for me it is not just an open statement of the emotions and feeling of what I have gone through or I have witnessed another person go through but in the tranquility after the storm I have an answer. I understand the truth. So it becomes a story or a message that is not a complaint but an answer. It becomes creativity, just like Archimedes I could openly say, Eureka! “I have found it.” And so did Newton and Einstein. Creativity is madness anywhere.
King David and Solomon are the greatest poets that I have learned to appreciate. I like their adventures. You can experience David the shepherd, warrior, king and worshiper with distinct emotions. Even when he has sinned against God you can walk with him in his journey and feel for him but most importantly he shows you that you are human. He also talks of the past, the present and the future and all these are a revelation he was seeing. Solomon does the same, the wise man, lover, the preacher and the king. He sums up his revelation or understanding of the issues of life and wisdom as proverbs, songs, sermons and right judgment. He understood what was right and true while on the other hand he realized what vanity was. So he concludes with this truth “Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil”.
That is accountability to the truth which is revealed to us ……by the way truth is a person, the word of God is truth and the word became flesh so it also became a person. Wow! So we can quit our search for truth and just find the person…promise me you will John3v16.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreamers

As you end this year lets look into the future. Put the failures and the disappointments of yesterday behind. I urge you to dream big because I believe that in 2010 your mission can be accomplished. The impossible mission can be possible. Madeline Ndambakuwa said: Dreamers dream; the beauty of the truth of the dreams they behold. Please,read this poem published in my book "Twinkles of Dawn" The Dreamer Here comes the Dreamer, Riding on a horse called believing, A triple encounter, reception, conception, and the birthing of the dream; He feeds daily on the change he can make, The dreamer has seen the day, And set his goals. He joyfully embraces the picture, And sees the dream from afar, He lives his dream in the now, And he has a direct plan. With passion he leaps into the future, He has a deep conviction, And is fully persuaded, That the dream is true and attainable; His hope makes it alive each day, He will not quit until the dream is born. The dreamer relentlessly pursues...

Thanksgiving

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5v18 (King James Version) If the heart is thankful, giving thanks is not hard but if there are seeds of ungratefulness it will be hard for you to give thanks. You may say what is there in my life that I can thank him for, let me say just a few, the fact that you woke up this morning and you still have your breathe that alone is a miracle to thank him for; life is a great gift you can never be able to repay. Thank him that you are in your right mind, in good health, with a place to lay your head etc. You are blessed and if you are thankful you will not be discouraged. Thankful people are always filled with goodness and loaded with benefits. It is a Thanksgiving day, think of all he did for you this year … if you make a list or get out your journal, you will be amazed at his goodness. Your year might have been filled with thorns but I know that even roses do have thorns but when you ge...

walk in victory

I walk in victory, I smile and laugh at the roar of sadness My inner person understands I am more than what meets the eye I am this and so much more Love joy and peace have won my heart Thus I am not moved by this thorn in my flesh Because I know I have a future and a hope I will see tomorrow with newness and great expectations My hope shall not be deffered I walk in victory. I am the face of a winner.