"Wisdom is the principle thing: therefore; get wisdom and in all your getting, get understanding" Proverbs 4:7
I love these words from the wisest man that ever walked on the face of the earth. Solomon got the wisdom even in the things he made mistakes he pulled out wisdom as his guiding map and warned us in so many ways. In this scripture he gives us an open call to step out and get wisdom and understanding. You see wisdom operates in many realm so you can't depend on intellectual smartness because it will fail in the deep ends of life. Therefore, for every dreamer, there is practically no dream that can be accomplished without wisdom and understanding and in this light let’s begin.
I am an artist so seeing comes naturally to me after so many years of using observation in drawing and painting. I have a passion to create and that drives me to perceive deeper than what meets the eye. Hence, leaning on that perception, I love to dream big. I love to see a sea of potential in people being harnessed and unleashed. So, during the past year I have been asking my close friends to tell me their wildest dreams. I asked for some of them for one dream that they could say was the biggest dream that they have. To others I asked for the one thing they could do exceptionally well if they had everything they needed and knew that they would not fail, and what it would take to attempt doing something big without fear; just doing it for fun because that is what they love to do. The out come was amazing.
I also asked them to pick a favorite sport that they love, a sport they can play or choose to do as a work out in order to make their bodies fit like a professional for that sport. I asked them to imagine what it will be like to feel like their favorite star in that particular sport. I told them to make that sport a model for their personal game of life. That too was outstanding. From this back drop I had to ask myself the same questions, and now I am asking you to ask yourself the same questions.
• What is my biggest dream?
• What is my favorite sport and why? What does it take to play this sport? What does it take to play my game of life?
• What can I attempt to do if I knew I wouldn’t fail?
• What does it take to make my body fit if my choice of sport is (e.g. Tennis)
• What is the mental challenge I have? (education more or less, beliefs, etc)
• How is my internal dialogue? (positive, or negative, faith, doubt) Many battles are lost within and then you can't even try any publicly.
• What is stopping me from living my dream?
• What can I do to change the course of events starting from now? What will it take for me to play my game of life starting this very moment?
I am sure you need some time to answer those questions. One of my friends took three days to answer two questions, “What is your biggest dream? What is your favorite sport?” I think if you just answer these questions you will do well. My brother said these questions are tough to answer but we did really well and now when I give my friends gifts and when I do a follow up on them I remind them their biggest dream as they keep on working on their goals. The idea is taking action and accountability and in the next post I will tell you why?