Skip to main content

“Kindness”

“Be kind to strangers”, my mother told me.
“You never know who some one is until you know them.”
I used to think that was just my mama teaching me kindness, least did I know that today I would meet the most mean person I have ever met. This man did not care who I was, it felt like he was treating me like some unwanted basement mouse. What helped me was I am comfortable in my skin and within I was standing tall, outwardly I was dressed professionally in one of my power suits. I am well groomed, so I knew how to hold my reigns; while my mind was working and I thought in the old days in the village, elders used to teach children to treat strangers with all honor and respect because they assumed a stranger might be an angel visiting. If I was an angel carrying a blessing I would have definitely withheld it from this man.
Isn’t it surprising that in our world today we have mastered networking to some extend but there are some professionals who feel like they own the whole world when they are in an office or holding a title, but as the old saying goes, each dog has it’s day it is true that a man can be on the driving seat one moment and the next moment the very man he looked down upon will be his master, so be careful and treat all man like they are royalty because they are…in their territory.
"Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and
responsibility to give something back by becoming more."
Anthony Robbins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreamers

I feel a surge of power to empower dreams, arouse gifts, harness potential, mold lives and cause a people to march into their destiny. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth in our lives as it is in heaven. I am determined to see you the Dreamer happening. See you Fly and soar high. I believe these few words and questions will be life changing. "Wisdom is the principle thing: therefore; get wisdom and in all your getting, get understanding" Proverbs 4:7 I love these words from the wisest man that ever walked on the face of the earth. Solomon got the wisdom even in the things he made mistakes he pulled out wisdom as his guiding map and warned us in so many ways. In this scripture he gives us an open call to step out and get wisdom and understanding. You see wisdom operates in many realm so you can't depend on intellectual smartness because it will fail in the deep ends of life. Therefore, for every dreamer, there is practically no dream that can be accomplished w

walk in victory

I walk in victory, I smile and laugh at the roar of sadness My inner person understands I am more than what meets the eye I am this and so much more Love joy and peace have won my heart Thus I am not moved by this thorn in my flesh Because I know I have a future and a hope I will see tomorrow with newness and great expectations My hope shall not be deffered I walk in victory. I am the face of a winner.

Take your Place

The sun shines on those who are standing before it shines on the people kneeling under them. “African Proverb” Today is a great day as you look into the great doors of opportunity in 2010, determine to find your place of value and influence, then you can boldly take your stand early before others do. In winter in Zimbabwe when I was a kid I remember rushing out for break to find a spot for myself in the sunshine. The classes are not warm, there are no heating systems, even at present, so it is a matter of depending on your warm sweater if you have one or if you don’t, the break is like a fire place. So the position you take is crucial in order to get your piece of the sunshine pie and so is life. If you let others stand first before you do you might survive only in their shadows. And of course people that see opportunities first will get the best share. Don’t wait for June if you can do it today and of course the more you procrastinate the more you increase your speed to the City of Ne